The Consular Section of the American Embassy provides assistance to American citizens residing in or visiting Norway and visa services for temporary visitors and immigrants to the United States.
- Passport issuance and renewal, registration of Americans living in Norway, birth reports for American children born in Norway, voter registration, income tax forms, notarial services and emergency services.
- Opening hours Monday through Friday from 8:30-12:00 by appointment only.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- The official website for U.S. visa information in Norway is available at: www.ustraveldocs.com/no
- E-mail: support-Norway@ustraveldocs.com
- Call Center:
In Norway: 23 96 05 55 (8am-8pm, five days a week)
In the U.S.: +1 703-520-2568 (7am – 3pm, five days a week)
- Opening hours Monday - Friday 09:00-12:00
- Assistance with benefits from U.S. government: Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, Office of Personnel Management (civil service), and Railroad Retirement Board.
- Federal Benefits: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Norwegians do not need a visa for tourist/business visits to the U.S. of less than 90 days duration. Find more information on visa free travel to the U.S. (Visa Waiwer Program).