There are several ways of contacting the Embassy
21 30 85 40
(open 08:00 to 17:00 Monday-Friday)
The Embassy is closed on Norwegian and American holidays.
Consular affairs (passports, visas or legal affairs)
Please read the information provided online before you contact the embassy. The information provided here should answer most questions.
If you still need to contact the Consular Section, e-mail is preferred. Our staff generally responds to e-mails within 3-5 working days. Please e-mail the appropriate address below:
- Visas and all matters concerning entering, working in, or residing in the U.S.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Federal Benefits: email@example.com
- American Citizen Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may send a telefax to (47) 22 56 27 51 (include your full name and address).
If you do not have access to e-mail, you can call the Consular Section during phone hours at the following numbers:
- Visa Section: Due to the high volume of visa requests, the Consular Section is unable to take questions via telephone until further notice. Please send an email to email@example.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Federal benefits: 21 30 85 58 between 9.00 and 12.00 Monday - Friday.
- American Citizen Services: 21 30 87 87 between 15.00 and 16.30 Monday - Friday.
Questions about trade, commerce and doing business can be directed to the Commercial Section: 21 30 88 66
General information about the United States
General questions, interview requests or other inquiries from the press should be directed to the Public Affairs Section. Please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org / 21308662 (21308594).
Preventing Terrorism, Fraud and Crime
The Embassy encourages information about any possible terrorism, fraud or crime from the public. Please inform us if you have any information or questions about terrorism, threats to the Embassy or other US interests, visas or passports fraud, or any criminal activity directed against the US or its citizens via email to email@example.com. Be as specific as possible. All information will be kept confidential.
Information for schools and students
Unfortunately, the U.S. embassy does not have a travel and tourism office, and we cannot provide travel information, brochures, schedules, etc. There is a great deal of travel information on the internet, and we suggest you begin by visiting USA.gov or Discover America website.
Comments and questions about the website
This site is produced and maintained by the Public Affairs Section at the Embassy of the United States of America in Norway. We welcome your comments and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.