Offices & Departments
The Oslo Embassy serves as the bilateral Mission between Norway and the United States.
The various offices are:
- Office for Press, Education and Cultural Affairs - The Office for Press and Educational Affairs (Public Affairs Section) provides information about the U.S. to the Norwegian public, and is involved in media, culture and education among other things.
- Consular - The Consular Section is in charge of American Citizen Services, the VISA section and the Federal Benefits Unit.
- Pol/Econ Section - The combined Political and Economic Section is responsible for maintaining the bilateral relationship with the Norwegian Government on political and economic policy matters.
- Defense Cooperation - The Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC) is responsible for administrating the U.S. defense cooperation with Norway.
- Commercial Section - The Commercial Section deals with all trade related issues between U.S. and Norway.