Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Press Section
Services for Journalists

Services for Journalists

General Information

The Public Affairs Section is available for assistance to journalists on U.S.-related issues. 

Media requests

General questions, interview requests or other inquiries from the press should be directed to the Public Affairs Section. Please contact us here: /21308662 (21308594)

Journalist visas

All journalists going to the United States to cover an event or a story are required to hold a visa; in most cases, this will be a media visa (I-visa). Find information on how to obtain your I-visa (The information is in Norwegian).

Press releases

Find Embassy press releases sent out by the Embassy to inform of important news and events.

Bios and pictures

Information Resource Center

The IRC is part of the Public Affairs Section at the Embassy, and has access to many reference-, referral- and documentation services that may be useful for journalists.

The Foreign Press Center

The FPC is a section of the State Department created to assist foreign journalists working in the US. They have offices in Washington D.C. and New York. If you are traveling to the US, they might be of assistance.

Adobe Reader

  • adobe reader
    Download Free
    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.