The Visa Unit in Oslo, Norway handles thousands of visa applications from Norwegian citizens and residents every year. The Section works to meet the procedures and processing times stated on this website to facilitate an effective visa application process for all our visa applicants.
Travelers going to the US
A traveler going to or through the US from Norway can travel to the US if they hold:
Even though most applicants are allowed to travel with an ESTA registration obtained online, please note that it is up to you as the applicant to make sure that you have the correct travel documents before traveling to the US.
Coming to the US without the appropriate visa or authorization might render you permanently ineligible to travel to the US, and might result in judicial prosecution.
Embassy Oslo no longer accepts immigrant petitions. All immigrant visa interviews and final processing for Scandinavian applicants will take place in Stockholm, Sweden.
The immigration unit at Embassy Oslo still provides the following services:
- Process applications for returning residents.
- Issue travel letters for residents who have lost their green cards.
- Process applications for follow-to join refugees or asylees.
- Record the Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status.
If you have any questions related to immigrant-visa services in Oslo, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Traveling to the U.S.?
- Consular fees on this website are quoted in U.S. dollars. For conversion to Norwegian kroner, please use the rate NOK 6,25= $1.00